- 140g frozen broad bean, podded if you want
- 2 sirloin or rump steak, weighing about 450g/1lb in total
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
- 200g medium cheddar, grated
- 8 flour tortilla
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- salsa, to serve (optional)
DirectionsHalf-fill a ridged pan or frying pan with water, bring to the boil, then cook the beans for 1 min before draining. Dry the pan.
Brush steaks with oil and season. Fry in the pan over a high heat for 2-3 mins on each side, then thinly slice.
Divide the cheese over one half of each tortilla, then top with the steak, broad beans, jalapeños, tomato and coriander. Fold over the other half of the tortilla to make 8 half-moon shapes and press down to seal. Brush the tops with a little more oil.
Heat the frying pan over a high heat and cook the quesadillas, oiled-side down, in batches for 1-2 mins until crisp. Brush the uncooked sides with remaining oil, then carefully flip over and cook for 1-2 mins more. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, if you like.